Thursday, November 3, 2011

Death of a Friend

I killed my GH2 yesterday.  Spilled an entire cup of coffee on it.  I am not extremely sad about it, but just disappointed at the situation.  I use that camera everyday and I am starting to feel lost without it within arms reach.  I really feel I built a relationship with this tool.  I hang out with it.  I appreciate its presence in my life.  I have ordered a new one.  It will arrive sometime next week.  It's coming from Taiwan.  It's the Japanese version, but with the ptool hack I can change the menu language to english.  Haven't found a tutorial on exactly how to do this yet so I figure it must be my responsibility to do this once I figure out how.  But this situation has given me an opportunity to really observe the effect of this loss on myself and understand a relationship that can be developed between the videographer and his camera.  Between the craftsman and the tool of his craft.  I am going to miss shooting with my black GH2.  The new model will be silver.  It really will feel like a different creature.  Silver and japanese.  I just hope it's not too difficult of a task to get the english language on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment