Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gandalf is here!!

Well this is a late post.  It really came on Wednesday, but still, needed to share.  My new GH2 (which will now be my a camera) has arrived from Thailand.  It's the Japanese model so hacking it was essential in order to unlock the languages.  I went ahead and set the 24p and 60i bitrates at 50mbps and all secondary movie framerates at 35mbps.  Lowered the GOP to 9 and 6 for filmmodes.  Think I'm shooting at GOP 6, 50mbps at 24p.  I chose not to try 176mbps because... well that's just too much information.  I really doubt my computer will handle it.  It can barely handle running FCPX as it is.  Technology is moving so fast, it's only a 2008 iMac and has nearly seen its last days.

Back to the camera.  I'm a total geek/nerd so I've named my new camera Gandalf.  Because it's silver, but looks more gray than silver.  My first camera has now been named Vader due to it surviving molten coffee and coming out a little scarred.



No comments:

Post a Comment